Rush

Rush - Carsen Taite I haven't made up my mind on whether to give this a 4 or 4.5 rating. The lead character ADA Danny Soto commits some major gaffes, one of which is letting lust get the better of her and mixing pleasure with business. For someone who is supposedly ambitious, she doesn't seem to be very focused at all. There are also some sections of the book where she can't seem to make up her mind about what she wants and just confuses the hell out of everyone, including this reader. The sorority party scene, in particular, was painful to get through. On the other hand, she isn't totally unsympathetic. Her flaws, her missteps and her indecision humanize her. When she did ultimately make her choice, it wasn't out of character either.

I like Ellen much better. And I like the book overall. So...I'm gonna let the rating sit a few days before i finalize the it.

My recommendation is definitely pick this up if you're a Carsen Taite fan. Some characters from Ms. Taite's older books make cameo appearances here. And knowing the author, a new character might even get her own spin-off book someday. :)