Loves You, Loves Me Knot

Loves You, Loves Me Knot - O.M. Aguilar This is the 4th book in the mystery/intrigue series involving ex-FBI and now private investigator Shana Niguel. I had such high expectations coming off the third book (which was my fave) and was dreading this would not live up. But it does. And in style!

When I first read the blurb, I thought, jeez, how many things can possibly happen to this family? They must be the unluckiest one in the world. Reminded me of the Die Hard movie series...only worse, since this is the 4th book! Luckily, the author managed to make me believe bad things could happen, yet again! ;-)

This is her longest book to date, and its like getting two books in one. The first part is a mad race against the clock to rescue loved ones (so die-hard like! :) ), and the second part is the whodunit. But of course, the author never makes anything easy and simple. Its easy to get lost in the mystery if you dont pay attention. So many red herrings. So many people with motive. In other words, this is a meaty mystery. Not at all a fast read but worth every penny.

If you haven't read the first 3 books, it is much better to do them in order. The author has created such a rich cast of characters that we meet in every book and their interactions and their relationships are as much a part of the appeal of the books as the mysteries themselves.