Three's a Crowd

Three's a Crowd - Q. Kelly Q. Kelly is the mistress of unusual pairings. If the book blurb doesn't imply so, then expect a shocking twist to pop up when you least expect it to. I've noticed that the author is really careful about not revealing her surprises in the book summary, so sometimes the blurbs tend to be rather bland or vague. In this case, the summary gives the impression that this is primarily an erotic menage book. There is that. But it is more about the emotional journey of a highly insecure woman to a confident, self-respecting one. And that's just half of the story. When the twist is revealed mid-book, it turns into a full blown
read the book to find out ;-)

Even though the author says you don't need to read the first book in its entirety to appreciate this second one, you won't get the full emotional impact of the reveal as much as if you had read and loved the first book. Sorry I can't be any more specific than that. Suffice it to say that the latter part of the book had me teary eyed and nearly sick rooting for and vacillating between this pair and that, and hoping the author can somehow pull off a miracle to avoid a gut-wrenching heartbreak.

Three's a Crowd is both a prequel and a sequel of the first Strange bedfellows book. Some parts of the book happens before Strange Bedfellows, and some of it happens afterwards. This is a must read for lovers of the first book, and if you haven't read that, pick that up first before this.